Monday, September 24, 2012

Word Sketch #2- Fire sketch inspired by Artist

For my sketch I chose The Hiroshima Panels are on big traditional style folding screens. They are by Iri and Toshi Maruki, a couple who were inspired by the Hiroshima nuclear bombing from the US and took 30 years to complete this mural.
I was inspired by this work because not only is the back story touching but the work is like you can't take your eyes off it. Her mesmerizing stare just makes you sympathize with her and the young baby she's holding. The fire came into play with her hair which I liked because it is kind of saying it has put a permanent affect on her and her family. It says a lot all in one painting.
I think I really butchered it with the colors but if I were painting I would get a good mix of the brown and orange. I just thought it would not be understandable If I did it without color.

No comments:

Post a Comment